The recent 28th IRF World Junior Racquetball Championships were a huge success:
1. San Luis Potosi, Mexico is easily accessed from locations throughout the Americas.
2. 2. Club Deportiva La Loma is arguably the best indoor court facility in the world.
3. 3. The local organizing committee along with the club administration were supportive.
4. The quality of play continues to elevate across the board, especially in Latin countries.
5. The work force is becoming more efficient with each event.
6. Korea brought a delegation of 17 and is helping to build the sport in Asia.
7. The IRF Network streamed matches daily and have a large catalogue archived.
8. Host hotels are a short walking distance from the venue.
9. Thirteen countries were represented and 190 athletes participated in the 7 day event.
The hierarchy of the IRF signed an agreement in Mexicdo with an investment group from China, represented by Mrs Li Fu (photo) and her son, Shawn. A sporting complex will be constructed outside of Shanghai; a multiple use facility with a minimum of six championship Courts. This venue will host the IRF World Championships in the summer of 2018. We have envisioned racquetball taking off in Mexico City, with over 20 million citizens. If .001 % of China’s population is introduced to the game, we will have another 200,000 players.
Rogelio Medina, long time Bolivian instructor and coach, has erned the designation of IPRO Clinician. Now based in Temuco, Chile, he will be conducting certification courses throughout South America.Upcoming are his first opportunities: 13-15 January in Rancagua, Chile and 13-15 February in La Paz, Bolivia.
USA courses in Arizona and Virginia
Pan American Championships; San Jose, CRI April, 2017
29th Junior Worlds; site tba (Guatemala)! November, 2017
Finally, we are entering the 20th Anniversary Year of ampro-ipro under the current administration.
Quote of Month... ‘If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went’ -Â Mark Twain